Thursday, June 25, 2009

update from a "COPer"

psychological evaluation: check.
language acquisition test: check.
bible exam: check.
prayer card photo shoot: check.
chapel testimony presentation: check.

personel interview: SATURDAY, 10am.
this is when eight members of the personel committee meet with me for about an hour. i present why i want to go into missions, and then they can ask me ANY question they want to. i've been prepared for a few questions they may ask, but i am still a little nervous and actually a little excited too. so saturday, by 3pm, i should know the official decision.

today the international director met with us to introduce the six core values of SEND (dependency, integrity, servanthood, belonging, urgency, and unity in diversity) and to go over the Spiritual Covenant we will sign upon introduction into the organization. looking over that covenant and talking about the values, it finally hit me that this is a BIG DEAL. this is not just some short term assignment or work, what i am doing right now is preparation for the rest of my life (more immediately, the next 4-5 years). but most importantly, i know that right now, i am exactly where God wants me. earlier in the week, i wondered and prayed about going to poland for a term before mobilization - God very clearly shut that door for me right now, and even renewed my excitement for mobilizing. this also made me realize that i am only taking the next step in front of me right now - my life is going to be a crazy adventure from here on out, and i would have it no other way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So good to hear (er, read) what you're thinking. Glad God's being clear with stuff.

Have fun with the personnel committee...they're really nice people!

I'm going to take a nap before joining Bonnie and Chris for CHUCK tonight!