Monday, June 30, 2008

camp podgórzyn 2008!

today we had our team planning meeting for the english camp! i have been pretty jet-lagged today (i could only get 2 hours of sleep last night!), which made sitting in meetings a little difficult, though tea did quitehelp a bit. we discussed the students coming (we have 12 signed up!), the talks and discussion groups (the theme is "searching for treasure that lasts forever"), what we still have left to do (write lessons, plan games, etc), and spent time getting to know one another (which included a pizza run).

i'm really excited about this year's camp. it's definitely going to be different - we have younger students who are more advanced in english. but i'm looking forward to seeing what God has planned.

here are some of my latest pictures!
to introduce you to the people you'll see here:
ANDREA -- SEND missionary in lubin, poland. she came to pick me up from the airport and then saturday night we went to lubin where i got to visit the coffee house for church sunday morning.
REBECCA -- english teacher here at the language school. we were teammates last year at camp and have been close ever since. she's like my big sister (people even tell us we look alike!).
JOSHUA -- SEND missionary here in wrocław at the language school. we went through short term training together last summer and he's been keeping me updating on life here during the year.
SCOTT, JACKIE, & DAVY -- missionaries with a baptist mission; scott and jackie are on a two-year term living nearby. davy has been here five times and will come back in the fall for a two-year term.

my other teammates include: rebecca (another one!), beth, agniezka (my roommate from last camp), and marek (director of the camp).

please pray for us over the next couple of weeks during the camp!
* pray that the leadership team is united and that we could love and encourage one another well
* pray for STRENGTH, patience, and boldness in the leaders
* pray for the students that they will hear and understand the message with their hearts, as well as with their ears


over the past few months, God has been teaching me about living one day at a time. that lesson is becoming even more intense here. i do want my life to glorify God and i won't always know what that exactly means right away. and not strictly planning out and controlling my life and my future. i'll write more about this later, but please also pray for me as i'm wrestling with what it means for me to lose my life, for Christ's sake only to find it (matthew 16:25).

and now, it is time for me to work on an english lesson and go to BED!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the continuous updates...it's good to know how you are doing while you're away!


Tricia